A. Watch the movie segment and then read the sentences below. Then complete the blanks with IN CASE or IN CASE OF.
1. Ahman said they need a guest work program _____ the Taliban don't do their job.
Ahman said they need a guest work program _____ the Taliban's desistance.
They believe they need a new recruitment video _____ lack of volunteers.
Ahmed is usually punctual ________ delays
Ahmed double checks his address ________ there is a mistake.
He wears loose clothing _______ suspicion.
B. Talk to a partner:
1. How do you describe the stereotyped characters shown in the segment?
2. Is it fair to picture Arabs this way? Why (not)?
3. How would you describe the stereotypes of the people where you live?
4. Why were the characters shown the way they were in the segment?
5. How do you think your country is stereotyped by foreigners?
MOVIE SEGMENT - AN AMERICAN CAROL
1. In case / in case of
2. In case / in case of
3. In case / in case of
4. In case of / In case
5. In case / In case of