Sep 5, 2010

Flushed Away: Present Perfect

This animated movie is simply wonderful. The whole idea of the movie is extremely intelligent and the graphics are amazing. I loved it. I used this scene to practice the present perfect tense because it shows the mouse Roddy doing a lot of things during the day, which hasn't ended yet. I tried to relate Roddy's reality to my students' routine. My students had a great time with it.



I. Write sentences with at least 10 activities you have done so far today:

Ex:

I have brushed my teeth.

I have had fruit for breakfast.


1 ...................................................
2 ..................................................
3 .................................................
4 .................................................
5 .................................................
6 .................................................
7 .................................................
8 .................................................
9 .................................................
10 ...............................................


II. Now watch the movie segment from the movie Flushed Away. Check the activities Roddy has performed that were the same as yours.



III. Share your answers with a few partners.



IV. Now write down 5 sentences with activities he has performed today, but you haven't yet.

Ex: I haven't listened to music yet.


1 ....................................................
2 ...................................................
3 ...................................................
4 ...................................................
5 ...................................................







WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - FLUSHED AWAY

4 comments:

Teacher Karina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teacher Karina said...

I loved it.... Thanks...

Loubna said...

This was very helpful!! Thanks :)

Olivia the tica said...

This is the link for a good quality video on YouTube, in case someone wants to download it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2eQ6AvYit8

Thank you Claudio for your amazing work, my students always love it! Greetings from Costa Rica :)