Nov 17, 2008

The 40 Year-Old Virgin: Asking Questions

This segment is very easy for beginners, something really difficult to find in movies. Pre-teach a few words, such as do-it-yourself section, sometimes, looking for, should and your students will be able to perform the assigned tasks.




Asking Questions






BETH

ANDY




Read the answers below. Write the questions using the cues in parentheses.
1) Beth - ________________________________ ? (Can/ help/ I /you)
Andy - I don't know. Can you?

2) Beth - _________________________________? (looking for/ are/ something/ you)
Andy -Is there something I should be looking for?

3) Andy - _________________________________ ? ( do-it-yourself/ like/ you/ do/ to)
Beth - Sometimes...

4) Andy - _________________________________? (name/your/ what/ is)

Beth - Beth.


Now watch the video segment and check your answers.


How to prepare your own video activitiy:



- Choose a segment in which very basic questions are asked.

- Write the dialogs with key words for the students to unscramble.

- The students watch the segment and check their answers.






WORKSHEET

8 comments:

George said...

Thank you for this post Claudio. My students loved the segment. I am especially happy with one 36-year-old man who has a rather low opinion of his abilities to learn English. After he watched the segment, he was very excited and told me that he understood everything. It was the first time that he liked the result of his own effort in my class.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks so much for the feedback. Isn't it great? This is a really motivating comment. By the way, how do say in your Russian name in the occidental alphabet? I tried figuring out, but I have no idea of how to call you!! See you.

George said...

Meu nome é Jorge. (Eu não falo português.)

Claudio Azevedo said...

OK, Jorge. I would never guess it. Your Portuguese was perfect, though. See you around!

Flavia Procopio said...

Claudio,I would like to know how to download this segment from the blog =)

Claudio Azevedo said...


This video is too heavy for my wiki. What you should do is to use Firefox as a browser. Please download the Firefox addon Videos DownloadHelper at this link. https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-br/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper

It is free and you will manage to download any video from any site, including mine - that's what I use for downloads. But you have to use firefox/mozilla for that. It is easy and effective. Let me know if you managed.

Flavia Procopio said...

Hi Claudio,I did it,thank you very much!

Flavia Procopio said...

hi Claudio,I did it! thank you very much!