May 28, 2011

The Ant Bully: This, That, These, Those - Demonstrative Pronouns

This is a wonderful movie. It's fun, clever and the graphics are amazing. I took advantage of this attractive scene to practice the use of demonstrative pronouns, because the characters use them all the time in a contextualized and visual manner.


I. Before watching the scene, complete the blanks with THIS, THAT, THESE, or THOSE. There is more than one possible answer.






1. __________ is a big nest.


2. What's ________?


It's just a door.


3. All your guests pass under __________ door?


4. Oh, ________ is too bad! Now we have to go home!


5. ________ is called hang-gliding.


6. Oh, sorry, was ________ the word?


7. ________ is Hawaii. We went there last summer.


8. ______ are the pyramids. Well, not the real pyramids...


9. Are __________ your nest mates?

Yeah, ________'s my family.


10. Is __________ what humans do when they are sad?


11. When we ants are sad, we do _________ .




II. Now watch the movie segment and check if your answers are correct, according to the segment.





WORKSHEET







Answer Key:

1. this, 2. that, 3. this, 4. that, 5. this, 6. that, 7. this, 8. these, 9. these / that, 10. that, 11. this

10 comments:

Sandra Natal/RN said...

A GREAT thank you for sharing this awesome work and improving our classes! =)

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks. Great to hear that.

Laura said...

This is fantastic! I have been wanting something to use with this/that/these/those, and songs that I've found have been too hard for my Level 1 Grammar students.

I've been using your blog for the last 3 months now with my Grammar classes. I teach ESL to international students at Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR, USA. The students really respond to the videos, and it shifts the energy in the classroom. Plus, it gives them a chance to hear authentic English conversations that are scaffolded perfectly.

Thank you so much for this amazing site. I am so impressed with the organization of the site and the worksheets that you include with the links. Your work has contributed to make my classes much more interesting and interactive. Thank you!!!!!!

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Laura.
This is really motivating. It makes the whole work worth the effort. See you around,

Unknown said...

#:) best grades cuz of you

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for a very excellent lesson guide you shared.This helps me get over of my stress every time I made one.
English K12 is new to us here in the Philippines. At present we don't have TG and LM in English, only CG.
Our 3rd grading lessons will start this week. And this lesson is in our 1st week guide .

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great, Cristy.
I'm glad it is useful!

Unknown said...

Thank you Claudio. Your work really helps mine. :-)

Claudio Azevedo said...

Thanks, Fabio. Great to hear that.

Unknown said...

What a great activity! Thanks for sharing. It was really helpful and engaging!