Talk to a partner. Decide if you agree with these statements about animal testing. Justify your answers:
"Animals are here for humans to use. If we have to sacrifice 1,000 or 100,000 animals in the hope of benefiting one child, it's worth it."
"Science has a responsibility to use animals to keep looking for cures for all the horrible diseases that people suffer from."
"If we didn't use animals, we'd have to test new drugs on people."
"If people will benefit from the experiments, it is not relevant whether the animals suffer or not."
I. Watch the segment and complete the blanks with LIKE or AS.
1. ___________ we know, animal testing is controversial.
2. The chimp is _________ a friend to the doctor.
3. She is as smart _____________ a human being.
4. __________ expected, she was unable to complete the puzzle at first, before taking the new drug.
5. She behaved _______________ if he were completely out of control.
6. She is agile, ___________ most monkeys.
7. The doctor works ___________ a genetic engineer, researching the cure of Alzheimer.
8. ___________ a doctor, he suggested that more money be invested in therapies to treat brain disorders.
1. as 2. like 3. as 4. as 5. as 6. like 7. as 8. as
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES