Mar 14, 2010

Knowing: Simple Present


A. Watch the segment. It takes place in 1960. Then imagine the same situation in the movie, but nowadays. Make a list of 1o things that you usually do in your free time or about the world, talking about your routine. Your sentences will be placed in a capsule and people will open it in 2060.

Ex:

I listen to music with my I-pod.

I eat pizza every Sunday.


1. __________________________
2. __________________________
3. __________________________
4. __________________________
5. __________________________
6. __________________________
7.__________________________
8. __________________________
9. __________________________
10. _________________________











.

B. Exchange your list with another friend. Check which activities are similar to yours.
.

C. Now imagine you received a capsule from the future, Year 2060. Write three sentences about people's routine in 2060. Use your imagination and be creative:

Ex: We spend our vacation in a house on the moon.

1. _________________________________
2. _________________________________
3. _________________________________

D. Read your sentences to the class. Do you all have the same idea of the future? Which was your favorite one?


WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - KNOWING

6 comments:

Sue said...

Claudio, my dear, here we are to pick your brain a little bit more. we are presenting our workshop this Friday and, as we told you, we are talking about your workshop and of course promoting your blog :)
Thank you for sharing!!

Suelen Viana and Marisa Zuazo

Claudio Azevedo said...

Hi girls, nice to hear from you again. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know. I hope your workshop works well. Good luck!

Claudio Azevedo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana Elisa Ferreira said...

Olá Claudio,
Admiro mto seu trabalho e fiz um post sobre seu blog no meu: http://elisasoffice.blogspot.com/2010/03/para-professores-blog-fantastico-de.html#links
parabéns, keep up the hard work!

Claudio Azevedo said...

Hey Ana Elisa,

Thank you very much for promoting my blog. It was very kind of you. Your blog is a great resource as well. I have added a link to yours on my blog list. See you!

shutterbug_iconium said...

good work. I think it would be better to teach "will" with this segment. I cut the video in a better resolution.

You can see his website on the document. I just converted the video into a better quality resolution format.archive password shutterbug_iconium arsivi
Use 7-zip to open the file.


http://www.ziddu.com/download/17956124/93.7z.html


http://www.fileserve.com/file/A4558XM