Watch the movie segment and complete the sentences with the
simple past tense of the verbs in parentheses. Write affirmative
or negative verb forms according to the information in the movie.
The kids caught (catch) two employees kissing each other in the kitchen.
1) The dog __________________ (chase) the water horse around the house.
2) The dog __________________ (hurt) the water horse.
3) The water horse accidentally _______________ (hit) an expensive vase.
4) The man _______________ (drop) a statue.
5) The carpet ___________________ (scare) the water horse.
6) The animals _________________ (break) several valuable items.
7) The dog ________________ (spill) soup on the guests.
8) The water horse __________________ (grab) a fish with its mouth.
9) The boys ____________________ (find) the water horse in the garden.
Now rewrite the sentences above in the passive voice.
Two employees were caught kissing each other in the kitchen.
How to prepare your own video activity:
Grammar Goal: Passive Voice
• Select a segment in which a lot of action takes place.
• Prepare an exercise with sentences in the active voice for the students to fill in the blanks with the correct verb form.
• Ask the students to rewrite the same sentences in the passive voice.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE WATER HORSE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv-ws7ON5pI&feature=youtu.be A peer of mine said that he had used a slides presentation with links to my passive voice activities. I was sent the link and came across this really cool and thorough class on passive voice. I'm glad Simon Friend used my blog for his video activities. His slides are effective, fun and constructive. Thanks Simon Friend for these really cool slides. Thanks for linking my site to it.