A. Rewrite each sentence containing an underlined object pronoun, using a participial adjective as a noun modifier.
1. The guests were invited to join the square dance. They started dancing in the ballroom.
Ex: The invited guests started dancing in the ballroom.
2. The ballroom was decorated. It had 4th of July thematic ornaments.
3. Some guests were extremely excited. They were dancing happily.
4. A man spun the blonde lady very enthusiastically. She couldn't stop turning around in circles.
5. The guests were intrigued. They couldn't stop looking at that odd scene.
6. The hostess, the players and the guests were surprised by her behavior. They stopped what they were doing to watch the scene.
7. The lady got hurt when she fell on the floor. She seemed to have a serious health problem.
1. Describe the scene.
2. What do you think happened to the beautiful blonde lady?
3. Why did that happen?
4. What would you do if you were one of the guests?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE STEPFORD WIVES
1. The invited guests
2. The decorated ballroom
3. The excited guests
4. The spun lady
5. The intrigued guests
6. The surprised hostess, players and guests
7. The hurt lady