I. Talk to a partner about the following questions:
1- Do you have a pet? (Why/Why not?) Tell your friend about it. If you don't have one, tell your partner about one of your friend's pet.
2- What can he/she do?
3 - Are pets important for people's lives? Why (not)?
II. Watch the movie segment and write in the boxes the initials of the characters who can perform the folowing activities:
B – Bolt
P - Penny
1. Grab a car with the teeth
2. Run faster than cars
3. Ride a scooter
4. Move faster than the cars in the Los Angeles traffic
5. Break through walls
6. Jump very far
7. Destroy machines with the eyes
8. Destroy anything with a super bark
9. Speak English
Now write sentences with CAN (CAN'T), according to the information in the movie segment:
1. B 2. B 3. P 4. P 5. B 6.B 7.B 8.B 9. P
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - BOLT
How to prepare your own video activity:
• Select a segment in which the characters perform activities that show ability
• Prepare a few questions about the content of the segment for the sake of Communication/listening comprehension
• Students do the assessment exercise after they watch the segment