Aug 15, 2010

My Life in Ruins: Like to (Verb) x Like (Noun)

I like this comedy a lot. It shows Greece and tourists visiting the country with a fun, critic view about tour guides and tourists. I used this scene for the students to decide whether to use LIKE or LIKE TO, a simple grammar point beginners get confused with.



I. Watch the movie segment and circle the best alternative.



1. When people come to Greece, they like / like to see the ancient ruins.

2. Tourists also like / like to bask in history.

3. They like / like to be a part of the birthplace of civilization.

4. She likes / likes to the beauty and architecture of ancient Greece.

5. She doesn't like / doesn't like to modern Greece.

6. She also doesn't like / like to work as a tourist guide.




II. Write down 4 sentences saying what you like about the city where you live and and 4 sentences about what you like to do there.

Example:

I like the city park

I like to ride a bike near the lake.



WORKSHEET

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - MY LIFE IN RUINS


9 comments:

Danilo Mith Alves said...

Claudio, I have never seen anything that altruistic as your blog. I'm still baffled by the data you've collected so far. But one thing I think should be improved is the video quality. I mean, when we have to zoom it, pixels blur the vid and it gets difficult to see details. If you have any problems to upload the vids, I'd be glad to help do so. Contact me to talk about any kind of help you need, seriously!

Unknown said...

Hi Claudio,
I am in love with your blog, but recently I haven't been able to watch the videos. Is there a problem or am I the only one having trouble?

Claudio Azevedo said...

Dear Danilo,
Thanks for your words. The problem with the videos is that thay can't be heavier than 100MB,blogger's policy. That's why the quality is limited. Since I used the original dvds in my classes, it is ok with me. If you know other ways to improve it, let me know, please. Thanks.

Claudio Azevedo said...

I don't think there is a problem with the videos. I've just checked them out, everything is working. Is you adobe flash player updated? Try another computer, please.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Danile,
I've replaced the segment with a new better defined one. I hope it helps.

dafnis said...

Hi! I really like your blog, but I have la little problem, I can't download the video, how can I do it?

Claudio Azevedo said...

The link to download the segment is at the end of the post. Check it out, please. See you.

Melbourne said...

Hi Claudio,
I'm Cem from Turkey. Recently, I live in Melbourne Australia and I am working as ELICOS teacher at a language centre in Melbourne. I utilise your site a lot during my lessons and students really like it. Thanks a lot for creating such a fun, useful, great site.

Claudio Azevedo said...

Great to hear that. Thanks!