A. Talk to a partner about the following questions:
1 - What would you do if you ran over an animal in the middle of the road? Justify your answer.
2 - What do you know about Australia? Share what you know with your partner.
3 - Are you an adventurous person? Tell your partner about one great adventure of yours.
4 - Have you ever been to a safari? Would you like to go on one? Why (not)?
2. They __________________ (pay) attention to the wild animals on the road.
3. Charlie _________________(run over) a kangaroo.
4. Louis ________________ (put) on his jacket on the kangaroo.
5. Louis __________________ (check) what was in the pockets.
6. They _________________ (kill) the kangaroo.
7. They _________________ (crash) their car into a rock.
8. Charlie _________________ (be) kicked by the kangaroo.
9. The kangaroo __________________(hop) away with their money.
C. Rewrite the sentences above using wish and if only to express regrets.
Ex: 1. Charlie wishes he hadn't driven too fast on such a dangerous road.
2. If only they had paid attention to the animals on the road.
How to prepare your own video activity.
- Select a scene in which the characters regret their actions.
- Prepare an exercise in which the students have to decide whether they use affirmative or negative sentences about their wrong choices.
- Ask students to rewrite the sentences using the grammar goal.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - KANGAROO JACK