Nov 9, 2013
The Croods: Possessive ('s)
I simply love this family, The Croods. The movie is awesome and it is wonderful to talk about family. I used their family tree to practice the use of possessives ('s).
I. Work in pairs:
1. Talk about your family. What do they do and how old are they?
2. Do you have pictures of your family in your cell phone? Show them to a partner and tell him/her where they are and what they are doing there.
3. Who are you closest to in your family? Justify your answer.
4. What would you change in your family?
II. Watch the movie segment and complete the blanks with the name of the characters.
Ex: Gran is Ugga's mother .
1. __________________ is Grug's mother-in-law.
2. ________________ is Eeep's brother.
3. _________________ is Sandy's sister.
4. __________________ is the family's pet.
5. __________________ is Sandy's brother.
6. __________________ is Ugga's son.
7. __________________ is Ugga's husband
8. __________________ is Grug's wife.
9. __________________ is Gran's granddaughter.
10. __________________ is Eep's grandmother.
III. Complete the blanks with the name of the correct character and ('s).
1. Ugga is ______________________ mother.
2. Grug is ______________________ son-in-law.
3. Hunk is _____________________ grandson.
4. Eep is ______________________ daughter.
5. Grug is ______________________ father.
1. Hunk's / Eep's / Sandy's
5. Hunk's / Eep's / Sandy's