This is a great romantic comedy with excellent actors. This is comedy about a couple who have been separated for 10 years, found new lovers, and who start dating again after their divorce. Jane (Meryl Streep) and Jake (Alec Baldwin) a planning a date, but Jake has to leave his new wife (Agnes) and son at home to meet Jane.
I. Watch the movie segment and decide whether you will complete the blanks with DURING or WHILE.
1. Jane cooked dinner and drank wine _________________ she was waiting for him.
2. ______________ Agnes was working on the computer, Jake decided to take his cell phone to the bathroom.
3. Jake took his son to his bedroom _________ his sleep.
4. Jane kept on waiting for Jake ___________ he was in his son1s bedroom.
5. Jane remained alone and lonely ______________ the whole night.
6. Jake stayed home and didn't go to the meeting. He felt anxious ____________ he was at home with his wife. However, he didn't want to be home __________ the time he was supposed to be having dinner with Jane.
II. Discuss the questions.
1. What should Jake have done?
2. What should Jane have done?
3. Was he planning to do the right thing? What would you do if you were in his shoes?