Fragments result if you punctuate certain word groups as if they are complete sentences.
You have a number of different options when fixing a fragment. Frequently, you can attach the fragment either to the front or to the end of a nearby main clause.
Another option is to add whatever words will give the fragment its own mandatory main clause.
I. Watch the movie segment. Then read the sentences below about the segment. Revise the fragments in order and make the necessary changes to make them complete sentences. There is more than one single possibility. If the sentence is correct, write CORRECT.
2. Blu was fascinated by the view. Admiring the beaches and the landscape of the marvelous city.
3. Very confident, Blu spread his wings. To feel the breeze on his face and enjoy the flight.
4. Trying to survive, they ended up landing on a beach and crashing on some people.
5. The macaws were by hit some tourists on the beach. Such as a boy playing soccer and a beautiful girl wearing a bikini.
6. Even though the macaws are birds and are supposed to fly.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - RIO
Answer key - Possible Answers:
Trying to fly, the blue macaws landed on a hang glider while it was gliding near the Corcovado.
Admiring the beaches and the landscape of the marvelous city, Blu was fascinated by the view.
Very confident, Blue spread his wings to feel the breeze on his face and enjoy the flight.
The macaws were hit by some tourists, such as a boy playing soccer and a beautiful girl wearing a bikini.
Even though the macaws are birds and are supposed to fly, they ended up having an accident.