A. Watch the movie segment and check what has happened to the astronaut since he landed on Planet 51. Fill in the blanks with the present perfect tense of the given verbs. Decide if you will use affirmative or negative forms according to the segment.
1. The astronaut ______ (place) a flag on Planet 51.
2. A boy ______ (ask) him an autograph.
3. A strange pet _________ (attack) him.
4. The pet ______ (chase) him.
5. The astronaut ________ (scare) a boy and his mother at lunch time.
6. A boy on a bike _________ (run over) him.
7. He _________ (find) other humans.
8. He ________ (take off) his suit.
B. Now rewrite the sentences above using passive voice.
Ex: 1. A flag has been placed on Planet 51 (by the astronaut).
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - PLANET 51
A. 1. has placed / 2. has asked / 3. has attacked / 4. has chased / 5. has run over / 6. hasn't found / 7. hasn't taken off
2. He has been asked for an autograph (by a boy).
3. He has been attacked by a strange pet.
4. He has been chased (by the pet).
5. He has been run over by a boy on a bike.
6. Other humans haven't been found.
7. His suit hasn't been taken off. A peer of mine said that he had used a slides presentation with links to my passive voice activities. I was sent the link and came across this really cool and thorough class on passive voice. I'm glad Simon Friend used my blog for his video activities. His slides are effective, fun and constructive. Thanks Simon Friend for these really cool slides. Thanks for linking my site to it.