Watch the movie segment for the first time and decide in which room of the apartment the objects below are located. Write the words below next to the object in exercise A.
KITCHEN (K) - BATHROOM (B) - DINING ROOM (D) - CORRIDOR (C)
1. white curtains:
2. transparent curtains:
3. a white oven:
4. a mirror:
5. a sink:
6. a picture:
7. a large table:
8. some jars:
9. a dishtowel:
Answer key: 1.B, 2. K/D, 3. K, 4 . B, 5. B, 6. D/C, 7. D, 8. D, 9. K
B. Watch the segment again and then complete the blanks with one of these prepositions:
ON - IN - OVER - UNDER - THROUGH - AT - BEHIND - IN THE MIDDLE OF - BETWEEN
1. He keeps a bottle of whiskey ______ the white oven.
2. The mirror is ___________ the bathroom wall.
3. The mirror is ______ the sink.
4. There are some cookie jars ________ the dining room shelf.
5. There are some stairs _________ the kitchen door.
6. There is a dishtowel hanging _____ the kitchen wall.
7. The intruder is looking ________ the window glass.
8. The owner of the house lives _________ the first floor. He lives _______ Racine Avenue. His apartment is __________ 1634 Racine Avenue, Chicago.
9. There is a table and chairs _________ the dining room.
10. The men see each other _________ the corridor.
1. in, 2. on, 3. over, 4. on, 5. behind, 6. on, 7. through, 8. on / on / at, 9. in the middle of / in, 10. in