- Have you ever suffered because of a broken heart?
- How do you react in those moments? Do you prefer to stay home by yourself or go out with friends to have a lot of fun? Explain it?
- what is worse? To dump or to be dumped? Why?
I. Watch the movie segment and complete the blanks with either the present perfect or the present perfect continuous form of the given verbs. When both are possible, use the continuous form.
1. Bella _________________ (feel) sad for several months.
2. The weather ______________ (change) significantly in this period of time.
3. Both her boyfriend and her best friend, Alice, _________ (leave) Bella alone.
4. The tree leaves ___________ (fall).
5. It ____________ (snow) several times in December.
6. Bella _____________ (miss) her boyfriend all this time.
7. According to Bella, a huge hole ___________ (punch - passive voice) through her chest.
8. She ___________ (cry) several nights since October.
9. She _____________ (write) emails that Alice ____________ (never - receive)
10. Bella's dad ____________ (be) worried about her.
II. Talk to a partner:
1. What should Bella do in order not to be so sad?
2. Is Bella right to react the way she did or is it better to go out with friends and forget about her boyfriend?
3. What would you do if you were in Bella's shoes?
4. Have you ever felt like Bella? Talk about it, if you wish.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - NEW MOON
I. 1. has been feeling / 2. has changed / 3. have left / 4. have fallen / 5. has snowed / 6. has been missing / 7. has been punched / 8. has cried / 9 . has been writing - has never received / 10. has been